Although many people adapt well and are able to learn just as quickly in a group setting, others may benefit more from a one on one approach. This enables them the opportunity to ask more questions without worrying about taking up too much time in a class room setting from the other individuals.
If this is you, or you have tried the classroom setting approach and still feel like you need additional information and time with a career coach, then you are in the right place.
Below are a list of services we offer individuals where they are able to spend ample time with a career coach without the worry of taking time away from others.
In today's economy, a professionally written resume could make the difference between getting an interview or being passed over. Landing a job is 70% presentation and 30% skills and abilities. Our experienced staff will work with you directly to ensure you are equipped with the most powerful marketing tool available to you when applying for that next job.
Our comprehensive resume writing services include:
- In depth consultation with your experienced resume writer
- Full conceptualizations and design of a message focused resume and industry focused cover letter
- Tools to take with you to update your resume and cover letter when applying for different jobs
- 1 printed copy of your resume and cover letter along with an emailed copy and on a CD version
At Job Club of Oregon we utilize the MAPP assessment tool or Motivational Appraisal of Personal Potential. MAPP has been adopted by the IAC (International Association of Coaching), Coachville and the ICF (International Coach Federation).
- Provides a unique assessment that seeks to guide, motivate and empower individuals to achieve their greatest educational and career potential.
- More than 96% of the over one and a half million people who have taken the assessment agree with the results and will use the results to guide their career.
- Provides insight into a variety of vocational traits, providing the opportunity for more effective in-depth coaching.
- Assessments can be taken online from the comfort of your own home and your login ID will be saved if you can not finish in one sitting.
- Once your assessment has been taken, your career coach will review your assessment output with you and help to guide you in the right direction when venturing forward with your career path.
Career coaching is for those individuals who are in jeopardy of or have already lost their job, or are currently in a career transition state. You will be assigned a career coach who will act as your mentor throughout your employment transition process. This can include a choice of services such as:
- Individual career assessments
- Development of a career plan and employment strategy
- Instruction on modern day job search techniques
- Resume and cover letter writing and update skills
- Guidance in researching industries and/or job specific companies
- Networking skills and the importance of
- Interviewing skills